Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Restaurant review: Eat more East Hampton Sandwich Co.
In its mere two-week existence, East Hampton has already become famous for its lobster roll.
Tell Chick-fil-A to f**k off for good.
There’s a new chicken sandwich in town that blows their breaded-in-hate filet out of the deep fryer.
Meet the Fried Chicken + Jack sandwich from the just-opened East Hampton Sandwich Co. in Snider Plaza.
There, one giant southern fried chicken breast is layered with melty pepper jack cheese, spicy arugula, crispy cured bacon, mashed avocado, and a jalapeño cream sauce, then piled high on a freshly baked bun from Empire Baking Company.
One bite and you’ll know you’re eating quite possibly the best chicken sandwich ever.
But don’t stop there.
In its mere two-week existence, East Hampton has already become famous for its lobster roll. And who wouldn’t love the toasty hot dog bun filled with knuckle and claw meat, chives, microgreens, and an entire split lobster tail? Even though it clocks in at three times the price of a $5 footlong, this is a sandwich you’ll actually remember.
Ditto the hot cheese and short rib. And the traditional Cuban. Even roasted turkey here shines brighter than Santa’s smile at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
So if it’s sandwiches you love, follow the advice of the cool cows:
Eet Mor Eest Hamtin Sammiches.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists