Wednesday, September 26, 2012
TCU to play LSU in 2013 season opener
The game will mark the first Tigers/Frogs battle since 1968.
The game will be televised on either ESPN, ABC, or ESPN2.
The Cowboys Classic is an annual agreement between ESPN and the Dallas Cowboys to bring a top college football game to Cowboys Stadium each Labor Day weekend. The Horned Frogs' bout with the Tigers will mark the fifth Cowboys Classic, with all previous contests featuring matchups between ranked teams. TCU played in the Cowboys Classic in 2010, when the sixth-ranked Frogs beat No. 24 Oregon State, 30-21.
TCU is not scheduled to play at Cowboys Stadium this season, but took on BYU in "Jerry World" last season. The Frogs won that game 38-28.
TCU and LSU will be meeting for the first time since 1968. The Tigers hold a 5-2-1 lead in a series that began with a 3-0 Horned Frog win in 1931.
A 3-2 TCU win over LSU in the 1936 Sugar Bowl gave the Horned Frogs their first national championship.
Pegasus News Content partner - TCU 360
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Fort Worth's Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. wins awards for original Texas whiskey
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition extended to April 28 in Fort Worth
- Restaurant review: Experience the art of cheese at Magnolia Cheese Company
- Male Rat Terrier mix lost in Fort Worth