Thursday, September 27, 2012
Here’s your map to the State Fair of Texas’ newest fried foods
Helping you consume calories quickly, one flash-fried bite at a time.
FAIR PARK Quick: Print the map below, stow it someplace special, and -- if you're feeling generous -- pass it to a few of your friends. It's the treasure map to the eight fried food finalists from the State Fair of Texas' Big Tex Choice Awards this year.
The biggest talker has been Fried Jambalaya, which won Best Taste. It's sold in only two places: near the Food & Fiber Pavilion and near the Midway sign. Similarly, this year's Most Creative Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll is sold in two areas of the Midway.
Fried Mexican Fire Crackers will be easiest to find, as they're sold at seven booths across the fair.
Here's the cheat sheet:
Map to Big Tex Choice Award Fried Food Finalists 2012Map to Big Tex Choice Award Fried Food Finalists 2012
The State Fair runs September 28 through October 21, 2012 in Fair Park. How many frieds have you tried?
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million