Thursday, September 27, 2012
Here’s your map to the State Fair of Texas’ newest fried foods
Helping you consume calories quickly, one flash-fried bite at a time.
FAIR PARK Quick: Print the map below, stow it someplace special, and -- if you're feeling generous -- pass it to a few of your friends. It's the treasure map to the eight fried food finalists from the State Fair of Texas' Big Tex Choice Awards this year.
The biggest talker has been Fried Jambalaya, which won Best Taste. It's sold in only two places: near the Food & Fiber Pavilion and near the Midway sign. Similarly, this year's Most Creative Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll is sold in two areas of the Midway.
Fried Mexican Fire Crackers will be easiest to find, as they're sold at seven booths across the fair.
Here's the cheat sheet:
Map to Big Tex Choice Award Fried Food Finalists 2012Map to Big Tex Choice Award Fried Food Finalists 2012
The State Fair runs September 28 through October 21, 2012 in Fair Park. How many frieds have you tried?
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July