Sunday, September 30, 2012
Photos: Check out Dallas’ most awesome, outrageous beards
Sexy 'staches were on full display on Saturday.
OAK CLIFF It was a hairy affair at the Texas Theatre in Oak Cliff on Saturday. The redone historic theater hosted its first beard and mustache competition, which attracted dozens of unshaven men (and a few women) from near and far.
Categories included such upper-lip fashions as styled mustache and natural mustache and beard categories like "full beard -- over 12 inches" and freestyle beard. (And my, were these free-spirited beards.) There was even a fake beard and fake mustache competition for women.
Of all the winners (pictured below), each had special stories about their stubble. Samuel Byus said he regularly gets hot sauce stuck in his beard. Houston couple Jack Ellison and Riann Decker told us that sometimes when they kiss, Decker gets a "mouthful of straight stache."
And that's when we stopped asking personal questions about beards.
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Photos: See 10 high-dollar cars sold at Dallas auction, like $3.2 mil Corvette
- Photos: Dallas' first taco and beer festival was a delicious addition