Sunday, September 30, 2012
Photos: Check out Dallas’ most awesome, outrageous beards
Sexy 'staches were on full display on Saturday.
OAK CLIFF It was a hairy affair at the Texas Theatre in Oak Cliff on Saturday. The redone historic theater hosted its first beard and mustache competition, which attracted dozens of unshaven men (and a few women) from near and far.
Categories included such upper-lip fashions as styled mustache and natural mustache and beard categories like "full beard -- over 12 inches" and freestyle beard. (And my, were these free-spirited beards.) There was even a fake beard and fake mustache competition for women.
Of all the winners (pictured below), each had special stories about their stubble. Samuel Byus said he regularly gets hot sauce stuck in his beard. Houston couple Jack Ellison and Riann Decker told us that sometimes when they kiss, Decker gets a "mouthful of straight stache."
And that's when we stopped asking personal questions about beards.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Bite City Grill expected to open in Fort Worth's West Seventh district this month
- See new Toadies documentary Monday at the Kessler
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Review: Kessler Cookie Company will keep you coming back for more