Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Tim Halperin brings us a ‘Thrift Shop’ parody that’s all about the Texas Rangers
The song wonders why the Rangers' mascot is a horse. Seriously, why is that?
I like the song “Thrift Shop” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis mainly because it is just so catchy. The song has been heavily covered on YouTube, and today we get a brand new (and quite fun) spin on the tune.
Singer-songwriter Tim Halperin from Fort Worth brings us “This is Rangers Baseball,” a song for the Texas Rangers’ 2013 season. Halperin says of the song on his Youtube channel: “recorded it as a parody for radio, but I kinda like it and secretly wish I were a rapper.”
You may remember Halperin from American Idol, where he was one of the top 12 male contestants in 2012. You can catch up with some of his music on the links below the video.
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- UT-Arlington will exhibit rare JFK photographs
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice