Wednesday, April 10, 2013 , Updated 10:00 a.m., May 7, 2013
The Gin Mill hosts blind beer tasting sponsored by Stone Brewing and Franconia on May 8
Tickets are $30 a person.
DALLAS The Gin Mill hosts a blind beer tasting Wednesday, May 8 at 7:00 p.m. hosted by Stone Brewing Co. from San Diego, Calif. and local brewer Franconia Brewery of McKinney, Texas. Test your beer knowledge and tasting skills. Cost is $30 per person and includes light bites to cleanse the palate and 16 varieties of beer.
Local brew master Dennis Wehrman studied brewing in Munich at the University and shortly after moved from Nuernberg to Dallas. He opened Franconia in February of 2008. His family brewing history dates back to 1800 and is still actively in the German brewing business.
A working brewery since 1996, Stone Brewing Co. has produced dozens of craft beers including year round, special, Bastard and Collaboration releases making them the 11th largest craft brewery in the United States.
Reservations are recommended. For more information call 214-824-3343. The Gin Mill is located at 1921 North Henderson. Hours of operation are Monday–Thursday 4 p.m.-2 a.m., Friday 3 p.m.-2 a.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m.-2 a.m. The kitchen is open until 11 p.m. Sunday – Thursday and until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Visit us at www.GinMillDallas.com.
Posted by Tiney Ricciardi.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling