Thursday, April 11, 2013
Foursquare survey finds Dallas’ 5 most popular sports bars
Where will you be watching the game?
DALLAS Whether you're wearing a Rangers, Mavs or Stars jersey, the most important part of sports is having a comfortable spot to grab a beer and bucket of fries with a clear line of sight to flat-screen television. And apparently, mobile app Foursquare has got you covered.
The app allows users to "check in" at various restaurants, museums, shopping centers, etc. and earn prizes from local businesses as well as digital street cred. Consider it a frequent buyer card on your cell phone. Foursquare recently released a list of the five sports bars around Dallas with the most "check ins," thereby dubbing the following establishments the most popular for sports fans.
So next time you're deciding where to watch the big game, consider one of these places.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger