Monday, April 15, 2013
Photos: Dallas gets its goat at the Goat Run 5K
Herding a goat across a finish line ain't easy.
WHITE ROCK LAKE How many 5Ks have you run that involve goat-herding? Yeah, that's what we thought. On Saturday at Flagpole Hill, relay teams tried to be the first to get their goat across the finish line in The Goat Run 5K, a race to benefit Empower Sudan and Seed Effect, Dallas-based humanitarian organizations.
Ten relay teams with eight members each took part in the race's main component, with each team member taking a lap with a goat. For those who didn't make a relay team, there was a 5K (without goats) and a 1K fun run.
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters
- Theater review: Jailbait brings sex with a minor to the spotlight