Wednesday, April 17, 2013 , Updated 11:07 a.m., April 18, 2013
UPDATED: Original Pancake House offers free breakfast for blood donors on April 18
They will set up free food in the First Floor Atrium at Medical City Children's Hospital.
Following Monday's gruesome bombing in Boston, stories of heroism and humanity have rapidly emerged. From marathon finishers who continued on for another 2 miles to Mass General Hospital to donate blood to a host of national runs in solidarity, Americans have banded in support and in hope. As we await news of an allegedly impending arrest, one restaurant -- The Original Pancake House -- will treat local blood donors with free breakfast tomorrow, April 18, from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Medical City, Carter BloodCare, and local running shop franchise RunOn! have partnered with the Oregon-based breakfast chain for tomorrow's event. Mallory Jensen of bigInk PR said anyone donating blood at Medical City Children's Hospital will receive free breakfast tacos, coffee, and orange juice in the First Floor Atrium.
In addition, donors may sign cards for victims, the doctors who are treating them, and first responders, and RunOn! representatives will hand out store coupons.
UPDATED: In light of last night's explosion in West, Texas, and the overwhelming response to the Boston tragedy, donations will be re-routed to local victims. The Dallas News' Leslie Barker has more here.
- Casting call: GSN's American Bible Challenge seeks holy braniacs
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million
- Restaurant review: TJ's Fresh Seafood Market makes the heartiest lobster roll in town
- New shops coming to NorthPark: Spanx, Tory Burch, See's Candies, more
- Green House food truck team will open restaurant inside NorthPark, with arty twist