Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Firefighters locate body in debris after old Uncle Julio’s caught fire
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
DALLAS The cause of a fire in a building at Greenville Avenue and Walnut Hill Road, site of the former Uncle Julio's, is still under investigation, said Jason Evans, a Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman, but officials report they found one body in the wreckage. The 55-year-old woman's body is currently at the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office, according to reports from The Dallas Morning News.
Firefighters spent hours early Monday battling the fire. Bulldozers helped demolish the building later so the hot spots could be extinguished.
The building was known as a place where homeless people have lived, and friends of the woman found dead told the DMN's Christina Rosales that the woman and her boyfriend lived there. Evans confirmed later on Monday that a second body was not found inside the building.
- Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million
- First look: Sprinkles Ice Cream in Dallas is pretty in pictures
- Dallas' first Sprinkles Ice Cream is open and serving red velvet waffle cones
- New shops coming to NorthPark: Spanx, Tory Burch, See's Candies, more