Friday, April 26, 2013
Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
The event benefits Gladney Center for Adoption.
Actress Nia Vardalos, best known for writing and starring in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, will be in Dallas on Saturday to talk about her book, Instant Mom.
According to the description on Amazon.com, the book “chronicles her attempts to have a baby, and how she tries everything — from drinking jugs of green mud tea, to acupuncture, to working with two surrogates.” The journey eventually leads Vardalos and her husband to a foster agency, where they are matched with a 3-year-girl, who, the description says, “she knows, instantly, is her daughter.”
The event runs from 3 to 6:30 p.m. at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 13555 Hillcrest Road in Dallas. Copies of Instant Mom will be available for sale at the event. General admission is $40. Tickets are available at the door, but space is limited. Organizers are reserving seats over the phone, 1-469-307-4009.
- Photos: Peek inside Dallas filmmaker Quin Mathews’ 1950s-era childhood home
- Restaurant review: Homemade tortillas are the star at Taqueria La Candelaria
- UPDATED: Original Pancake House offers free breakfast for blood donors on April 18
- Will the Andersons put their $1.5 million estate on the market after a high-profile split?
- First look: New Dallas cinema seriously upgrades dinner-and-a-movie