Thursday, August 1, 2013
Weekend Mix Tape: Listen to who is rocking DFW August 1-4
The Monkees and Lil B top our list.
So, it's Thursday afternoon, and we know you are dying for the weekend, when work stress fades and live music rings loud in your ears. Luckily, there are plenty of ways and places to let go in our great city. Below you'll find some ear candy to help you decide where to spend your much-valued time away from computer screens and cubicles. Take a deep breath, press play, and absorb some great tunes.
Be sure to check back next week to find out who will be rocking the stages around DFW.
Lil B and OG Run C and the Chopstars at The Prophet Bar — 8 p.m., $22
The Monkees at Verizon Theatre — 8 p.m., $39.50 to $129.50
Major 7th, Rania Khoury and Steve Carlson at The Prophet Bar — 9 p.m., $10 to $12
Bryant Goodall and The All Good Band at Sundown at Granada — 11 p.m., free
OVERSEAS and Monahans at The Live Oak — 9 p.m., $15
Dimitri's Ascent at Sundown at Granada — 11 p.m., free
Fab Deuce, A.Dd+, and Xegesis at Hailey's — 9 p.m., $10 (over 21) or $12 (under 21)
Passafire, Stick Figure and Tatanka at Three Links — 8 p.m., $15
Katsuk at Sundown at Granada — 11 p.m., free
See more stories in:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July