Saturday, August 3, 2013
Deck the halls with Donny & Marie this Christmas in North Texas
Their 15-city tour stops in Grand Prairie December 4.
Christmas, already? If it's time to start thinking about the holidays, then you should know that Donny and Marie Osmond have announced their Christmas tour, which decks the halls of Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie on Wednesday, December 4.
Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, August 16.
Expect a "nostalgic look back on their storied career," according to press materials. The Donny & Marie show has been running since 2008 in Las Vegas. Despite Christmas tours in subsequent years, it had yet to come to North Texas until this year.
Donny Osmond duo got his start on The Andy Williams Show. Those of the younger generation might know him as the winner of the ninth season of Dancing with the Stars, in fall 2009. Marie Osmond found success on her own as a country music singer in the '70s and '80s. Her song “Paper Roses,” recorded at age 12, made her the youngest female artist to have a debut record top the charts, according to a press release.Follow @sblaskovich
- Big European concert makes its U.S. debut with stop in Grand Prairie
- Theater review: Dreamgirls in Grand Prairie has potential, but isn't a dream
- Concert review: Demi Lovato shares struggles in intimate hometown show
- Pegasus Music Festival features emo-heavy lineup: Brand New and Cold War Kids
- Photos: In DFW show, Backstreet Boys take themselves way too seriously