Tuesday, August 6, 2013 , Updated 2:45 p.m., August 12, 2013
UPDATED: Clearfork Music Festival in Fort Worth highlights southern boogie music
Folk-rockers He's My Brother, She's My Sister will headline the fest on September 21.
The inaugural Clearfork Music Festival, slated for September 21 in Fort Worth, features a solid roster of local bands to support buzzy folk-rock headliner He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister. The preliminary announcement Saturday also revealed these bands:
[UPDATE: The full lineup was released August 11.]
- Whiskey Folk Ramblers (Fort Worth)
- Birds of Night (Denton)
- Foxtrot Uniform (Fort Worth)
- We’reWolves (Fort Worth)
- The Effinays (Dallas)
- Animal Spirit (Fort Worth)
- The Longshots (Fort Worth)
- Leopold & His Fiction (Austin)
- The Hanna Barbarians (Fort Worth)
- Un Chien (Fort Worth)
- Year of the Bear (Fort Worth)
- Royal Savages (Fort Worth)
- Lindby (Fort Worth)
- Jordan Franz (Fort Worth)
- Frisky Volcanic (Fort Worth)
- plus Stew Moss (Borger, in the Texas Panhandle)
The second half of the lineup will be released in the next week or two.
The festival will have two stages that will host more than 15 bands at The Heart of the Ranch at Clearfork in west Cowtown. (This venue is not affiliated with the similarly named Clearfork Food Park.)
Keep Texas Live, credible for the West Berry Block Parties of 2011 and 2012, is curating Clearfork Music Festival. Bryan Lee, event coordinator for the production company and music blog, said that event outgrew its previous location -- the strip of bars including The Aardvark, The Cellar, and the former Stay Wired Coffeehouse -- forcing the KTL crew to look for a new spot to rock out. He said The Heart of the Ranch at Clearfork venue alone would be worth the trip.
“We were trying to find a good, outdoor space around Fort Worth that not a lot of people have tapped into,” Lee said of Clearfork’s intimate setting. “They preserved part of the space, it has old trees and kind of a ranch type feel.”
Clearfork Music Festival does not cater to any specific music genre, though Lee’s team aspired to book “southern music that people love to dance to.”
Tickets for Clearfork Music Festival are currently on sale in three tiers: $15 for general admission, $25 for general admission plus a catered dinner and beer tasting, or $40 for “Fancy Pants” VIP tickets, which includes preferred parking, dinner, a beer tasting, and air-conditioned restrooms.
Clearfork Music Festival Lineup Announcement
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun
- UPDATED: Missing dog whose owners were offering $2,000 reward has been found
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent