Thursday, August 8, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., August 10, 2013
Photos: Adorable playhouses up for auction inside NorthPark in Dallas
Check out the imaginative designs this year.
DALLAS From August 2 to 18, you'll notice a few new hideaways in the hallways of NorthPark Center. The annual Parade of Playhouses is back, where 17 playhouses are positioned around the mall for kids and parents to peek in.
Each year brings about innovative twists on what a playhouse could be. This year, some of the designs include a wedge of cheese, a ship, and a beehive.
The playhouses are built by local companies, who donate the supplies and labor used on each.
Passersby can purchase raffle tickets, $5 each or five for $20, and pick their favorite playhouses. Tickets can also be purchased online. On August 18, winners are drawn during a closing ceremony hosted by Dallas CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). Proceeds go to the Dallas non-profit, which provides advocates for abused children to find permanent homes.
- Dude. Granada books Big Lebowski's Jeff Bridges for concert in April
- Howard Rachofsky’s original house in Dallas just hit the market
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed