Thursday, August 8, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., August 10, 2013
Photos: Adorable playhouses up for auction inside NorthPark in Dallas
Check out the imaginative designs this year.
DALLAS From August 2 to 18, you'll notice a few new hideaways in the hallways of NorthPark Center. The annual Parade of Playhouses is back, where 17 playhouses are positioned around the mall for kids and parents to peek in.
Each year brings about innovative twists on what a playhouse could be. This year, some of the designs include a wedge of cheese, a ship, and a beehive.
The playhouses are built by local companies, who donate the supplies and labor used on each.
Passersby can purchase raffle tickets, $5 each or five for $20, and pick their favorite playhouses. Tickets can also be purchased online. On August 18, winners are drawn during a closing ceremony hosted by Dallas CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). Proceeds go to the Dallas non-profit, which provides advocates for abused children to find permanent homes.
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
- Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million
- Concert review: Third annual Gorilla vs. Bear festival in Dallas hits hip-hop home run