Thursday, August 8, 2013 , Updated 12:00 a.m., August 16, 2013
Photos: Sprinkles Ice Cream opens in Dallas August 16
Red velvet waffle cones!
The store is described as a "back to basics creamery with a Sprinkles twist." Homemade ice cream in flavors like vanilla bean, coffee, or salty caramel is served with optional sauces and toppings. The store will also sell red velvet waffle cones, cupcake shakes, and a Sprinkles Sandwich -- ice cream smashed between cupcake tops.
Let's do that one more time: red velvet waffle cones, cupcake shakes, and cupcake ice cream sandwiches. Mouth: watering.
Founder Candace Nelson will be in the shop from 3 to 5 p.m. August 16 to greet guests and -- yes -- "give fans the full 'scoop,'" the press release says.
The shop opens at noon August 16 at 8413 Preston Center Plaza. Regular hours will be Sunday through Wednesday, noon to 11 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday, noon to 12 a.m. See ice cream flavors here.Follow @sblaskovich
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- President of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it