Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Lakewood staple Angelo’s Italian Grill closed
Angelo's was a neighborhood favorite.
Cathy Patterson with Greenway Investing Co., which owns the property, confirmed Monday that the restaurant was closed for being behind on rent. Patterson said Greenway will show the space “as soon as we get some interest.”
Calls to the restaurant went unanswered Monday. The restaurant is owned by Bernadette Fischer.
The restaurant, which offered dine-in, delivery, and catering options, opened in 1992 and was located at 6341 La Vista Drive. According to comments filling the restaurant’s Facebook page on Monday, Angelo's was a neighborhood favorite.
“You guys made it fun to come to work every day so we’d like to say thank you so much for supporting us for so many years,” read the Facebook post announcing the closing. “It’s a sad day for our family, but the silver lining will be whatever new adventure awaits us.”
Angelo’s is the second restaurant in the Lakewood Shopping Center to close in recent weeks. Cantina Laredo, located at Gaston and Abrams, closed last month.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun