Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Lakewood staple Angelo’s Italian Grill closed
Angelo's was a neighborhood favorite.
Cathy Patterson with Greenway Investing Co., which owns the property, confirmed Monday that the restaurant was closed for being behind on rent. Patterson said Greenway will show the space “as soon as we get some interest.”
Calls to the restaurant went unanswered Monday. The restaurant is owned by Bernadette Fischer.
The restaurant, which offered dine-in, delivery, and catering options, opened in 1992 and was located at 6341 La Vista Drive. According to comments filling the restaurant’s Facebook page on Monday, Angelo's was a neighborhood favorite.
“You guys made it fun to come to work every day so we’d like to say thank you so much for supporting us for so many years,” read the Facebook post announcing the closing. “It’s a sad day for our family, but the silver lining will be whatever new adventure awaits us.”
Angelo’s is the second restaurant in the Lakewood Shopping Center to close in recent weeks. Cantina Laredo, located at Gaston and Abrams, closed last month.
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre