Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Former Allen ISD finance director arrested for stealing from school
He's also under investigation for theft at Mansfield ISD.
ALLEN Former Allen ISD finance director Scott Weber was arrested Friday for allegedly stealing money from the school district.
Weber was arrested by Mansfield Police for theft between $1,500 and $20,000, a state jail felony that carries a maximum sentence of two years in prison. An arrest warrant from July 26 alleges that an internal audit showed Weber embezzled $17,780 from Allen ISD and caused the district another $7,042 in losses for failing to seek reimbursement.
The warrant states the theft took place between July 2007 and April 2012, when he left to work for Mansfield ISD.
Weber is also under investigation for theft of property between $1,500 and $20,000 while at Mansfield ISD. An offense report from the Mansfield ISD Police Department showing the charges is dated March 26, a week after he resigned as the district's finance director.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Dessert review: Delectable Delights ranks "sublime" even without a store sign
- Memorial service for Dallas guitarist Mike Scaccia is Sunday
- St. Paddy's Pickle Parade in Mansfield lacked one tiny thing: a pickle
- Theater review: It's a Wonderful Life at Theatre Arlington
- A male Cocker Spaniel mix is missing in the Arlington area