Thursday, August 15, 2013
Photos: Design District Market featured art, music, and hella fancy Dumpster pools
Progressive Waste Solutions made sure their recycled Dumpsters didn't go to waste ... by turning them into swimming pools.
DESIGN DISTRICT The Design District Market, a quarterly event celebrating all things local and artsy, returned on August 10 to offer a swanky space for local retailers, artists, musicians, and mobile restaurateurs (aka food truckers) to connect with their beloved fans. The event included premium beer, A/C provided by the Dallas Contemporary, and the city's very first “Dumpster pool,” sponsored by Progressive Waste Solutions.
What's a Dumpster pool? Well, exactly what it sounds like, and pretty fancy if you ask us. Just check out these photos and plan to attend next time.
See more stories in:
- Theater reviews: Anglophiles, especially, will love Less Than Kind at Theatre Three
- Review: Don't miss brunch at Kitchen LTO in Trinity Groves
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Dude. Granada books Big Lebowski's Jeff Bridges for concert in April