Thursday, August 15, 2013
Photos: Design District Market featured art, music, and hella fancy Dumpster pools
Progressive Waste Solutions made sure their recycled Dumpsters didn't go to waste ... by turning them into swimming pools.
DESIGN DISTRICT The Design District Market, a quarterly event celebrating all things local and artsy, returned on August 10 to offer a swanky space for local retailers, artists, musicians, and mobile restaurateurs (aka food truckers) to connect with their beloved fans. The event included premium beer, A/C provided by the Dallas Contemporary, and the city's very first “Dumpster pool,” sponsored by Progressive Waste Solutions.
What's a Dumpster pool? Well, exactly what it sounds like, and pretty fancy if you ask us. Just check out these photos and plan to attend next time.
See more stories in:
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre