Thursday, August 15, 2013
12 fun events for your weekend in DFW August 15-18
How about a lively game of football between some blonde and brunette babes?
- Attend a public memorial for Kidd Kraddick Thursday at AT&T Plaza, where Ben Folds will play a free show. After that, if you purchased tickets, there's a Kidd's Kids concert at House of Blues featuring the Jonas Brothers, Jason Derulo, and more.
- Deep Ellum Brewing Company hosts a party Thursday from 6-8:30 p.m. where attendees will get three pints of beer and a free glass for $10. It's all in support of the Dallas Love Project.
- Thursdays in August, check out parties in some of downtown's coolest parks. The shindig is in Pegasus Plaza from 5-8 p.m. this week.
8 bang-for-your-buck menus during Restaurant Week 2013
What the heck is the bacon tour?
Revolver's Blood & Honey beer will be widely available in DFW this week
8 Deep Ellum drink deals
- August 16 is the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, and at a special event in Fort Worth, you can attend a vigil, see an Elvis tribute artist perform, and check out photos of Elvis in his prime. (He was a hunka hunka ...)
- Put on your boots and head to Denton for the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo. Friday night, the Josh Abbott Band performs. Admission is $15 for adults, $5 for kids 7-12, free for kids 6 or younger.
- Hip-hop megastar Lil Wayne performs at Dallas' Gexa Energy Pavilion Friday night. Go see the Cash Money Records performer up-close and in person.
- The annual brawl between blondes and brunettes is Saturday at Bishop Lynch. Ladies will play a football game, all while raising money for Alzheimer's Disease. It'll be a hott evening.
- On another potentially sweaty evening at Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas, Keith Urban and Little Big Town put on what's bound to be a boot-scootin' show. Bet Urban will play "Long Hot Summer."
- Do you love the law? Do you love to jam? Some of Dallas most talented attorneys are rocking out on stage at the Granada Theater Saturday night in the annual event called Law Jam.
- Events abound for dog owners to take their four-legged friends to swim this summer. Sunday, Wet Zone in Rowlett opens the pool to pups, just $5 each, to take a swim. Be sure your dog is friendly.
- Take in a gospel brunch Sunday morning at House of Blues Dallas, where Kirk Franklin will perform while you nosh on all-you-can-eat food.
- Fearing's is celebrating its 6th birthday with a barbecue. A $75 ticket will get you a four-course meal that includes food from barbecue champion Chris Lilly. It finishes with Texas peach crisp -- mmm!