Monday, August 19, 2013
Restaurant review: TJ’s Fresh Seafood Market makes the heartiest lobster roll in town
At more than one pound, it makes a mockery of other ones around town.
DALLAS The lobster roll at TJ’s Fresh Seafood Market is laughing at almost every other lobster roll in Dallas. No one around here is saying every other lobster roll in Dallas is a disgrace to lobster rolls everywhere. I’m just saying this particular lobster roll is massively magical.
Something about the way the bread, lemon-thyme butter, and lobster morph into glory upon impact is obscene in the very best way. Poor people, rejoice! Even though this lobster roll is $25, TJ’s is kind enough to offer a petite version for $16.
I ate at four restaurants after school on Monday, which is not normal. TJ’s was the second stop. Please believe executive chef Hoffner is not messing around with this one and a half pound Connecticut-style lobster roll. Other recent rolls around Dallas definitely worth a mention are East Hampton Sandwich Company and 20 Feet Seafood Joint. Next up, Neighborhood Services on Lovers Lane and a mini chef chat with Nick Badovinus. Please be excited.
Pegasus News Content partner - Almost Veggie
See more stories in:
- Casting call: GSN's American Bible Challenge seeks holy braniacs
- Want to buy Dallas ISD superintendent Mike Miles' home? You'll need $800,000
- First look: Sprinkles Ice Cream in Dallas is pretty in pictures
- Dallas' first Sprinkles Ice Cream is open and serving red velvet waffle cones
- Photos: See people scarfing sugary sweets at St. Mark's Cupcake Camp