Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, “we will reopen stronger”
The restaurant is currently closed.
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro in the Fort Worth Stockyards caught fire Tuesday morning. No one was hurt.
The Dallas Morning News reports that a one-alarm blaze was reported just after 6 a.m. The fire burned the kitchen, and smoke damaged the entire Lonesome Dove restaurant.
"Everyone is safe," he Tweeted, in part. "We will reopen stronger!"
Love told NBCDFW that he was "devastated by the fire in the place where his career began."
Lonesome Dove opened in 2000 and is located at 2406 N. Main in Fort Worth. The upscale restaurant is oozing with cowboy charm, and Love's menu is known for its wild game and steaks.
The restaurant is closed for now.
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Still kickin': Willie Nelson's Picnic is back in Fort Worth this summer
- Theater review: Venus in Fur is intense, sexy and certainly PG-13
- Review: La Bella Cupcakes in Fort Worth has big highs, big lows