Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, “we will reopen stronger”
The restaurant is currently closed.
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro in the Fort Worth Stockyards caught fire Tuesday morning. No one was hurt.
The Dallas Morning News reports that a one-alarm blaze was reported just after 6 a.m. The fire burned the kitchen, and smoke damaged the entire Lonesome Dove restaurant.
"Everyone is safe," he Tweeted, in part. "We will reopen stronger!"
Love told NBCDFW that he was "devastated by the fire in the place where his career began."
Lonesome Dove opened in 2000 and is located at 2406 N. Main in Fort Worth. The upscale restaurant is oozing with cowboy charm, and Love's menu is known for its wild game and steaks.
The restaurant is closed for now.
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Theater review: Prepare for an orchestral whirlwind from Casa Manana's Miss Saigon
- Jewish cowboy Kinky Friedman may or may not be running for office
- Comedian Bill Cosby comes to Fort Worth in September before debut of new show