Thursday, August 22, 2013
First look: Sprinkles Ice Cream in Dallas is pretty in pictures
Choices, choices: Should your ice cream sandwich come with cookies on the outside or cupcakes?
DALLAS Fans of Sprinkles Cupcakes, Dallas is now home to the third Sprinkles Ice Cream in the world. Located near the Sprinkles Cupcakes (and the cupcake ATM, of course) at the southeast corner of Preston Road and Northwest Highway, the new shop serves homemade ice cream, ice cream sandwiches with cupcake tops, red velvet waffle cones, cupcake shakes, and more.
Consider it cupcake and ice cream heaven. (Or hell, if you're calorie-conscious.)
Founder Candace Nelson told Pegasus News on opening day that Dallasites have always been avid fans of the Sprinkles brand. "For us, we always think of coming here (to Dallas) first, outside of California," Nelson said.
And try not to drool on your keyboard as you sneak a peek at some of the goodies at Sprinkles Ice Cream:
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
- Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
- Kid-friendly restaurant called Village Kitchen opens in Dallas Thursday
- Photos: Multi-million dollar Highland Park palazzo has shower big enough to wash a Porsche