Thursday, August 22, 2013
No one injured in Plano house fire Thursday morning
The house is not habitable.
PLANO There was a house fire in the 1500 block on Chester Drive at 5:10 a.m. Thursday. The house suffered structural damage and the fence, deck, and vehicles were also damaged.
“The house was fully engulfed,” said Plano Fire Department Capt. Peggy Harrell.
The fire crew fought the fire, which took 30 minutes to contain it from the outside. A teenager who lived at the house heard the fire in the backyard and woke up the inhabitants and alerted the fire department. Everyone got out safely, but the house is not habitable right now, she said.
“There was smoke, water and structural damage,” Harrell said.
The cause is under investigation.
See more stories in:
- Theater review: Go see Out of Sterno in Rover Dramawerks' new Plano space
- George Takei heads for Plano and Fort Worth this weekend
- Allen's first brewery slated to open mid-2014
- Bring your Jedi dogs to Petco in Allen for Star Wars party this Saturday
- 13 cars burglarized near Watters Crossing in Allen