Thursday, August 22, 2013
Podcast: KERA’s Think takes a deep look at Deep Ellum
What can the "anti-Dallas" neighborhood tell us about Dallas as a whole?
DEEP ELLUM In major cities, artistic communities tend to move around. Creatives move in, rejuvenate forgotten areas, and are then pushed out by property values and cost of living raised by "hipness." In this Think podcast, KERA's Krys Boyd discusses the evolution of Dallas' most intriguing neighborhoods, Deep Ellum, which has seen this very phenomenon more than once. Guests Patrick Kennedy of Space Between Design Studio; Vicki Meek, manager of the South Dallas Cultural Center; and Brandon Castillo, of the Deep Ellum Outdoor Market, track the notoriously counter-cultural neighborhood's history and its role in developing a thriving and more "livable" urban Dallas.
"Deep Ellum's Strange Case" on Think with Krys Boyd
Pegasus News Content partner - KERA Think
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling