Thursday, August 22, 2013
Podcast: KERA’s Think takes a deep look at Deep Ellum
What can the "anti-Dallas" neighborhood tell us about Dallas as a whole?
DEEP ELLUM In major cities, artistic communities tend to move around. Creatives move in, rejuvenate forgotten areas, and are then pushed out by property values and cost of living raised by "hipness." In this Think podcast, KERA's Krys Boyd discusses the evolution of Dallas' most intriguing neighborhoods, Deep Ellum, which has seen this very phenomenon more than once. Guests Patrick Kennedy of Space Between Design Studio; Vicki Meek, manager of the South Dallas Cultural Center; and Brandon Castillo, of the Deep Ellum Outdoor Market, track the notoriously counter-cultural neighborhood's history and its role in developing a thriving and more "livable" urban Dallas.
"Deep Ellum's Strange Case" on Think with Krys Boyd
Pegasus News Content partner - KERA Think
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy