Friday, August 23, 2013
Interactive map says buy in Dallas, rent in NYC
This cool feature takes the guesswork out of renting and buying.
DALLAS What a cool feature! I love that Trulia is coming up with cool ways to make their cache of data more accessible. If you’re a buyer and want to know if it’s more prudent to rent or to buy a home in your city, check out this cool color-coded heat map.
My favorite feature is that you can adjust the data points you want to see, like rent/buy ratio and rent prices, without having to do all the rigamarole that usually comes with finding the data you need. Hopefully Trulia will come out with a similar map feature for first-time homebuyer data. Now that would be enlightening.
Of course, some of the results will stun absolutely no one. Of course it makes more financial sense to rent in NYC, San Francisco, and Seattle. The shocker for me is that corresponding rent prices vs. rent/buy ratios were high in Kansas City, Mo., and Memphis, Tenn.
Anyway, go fiddle with the interactive map and post your personal insights below!
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
See more stories in:
- Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
- First look: Sprinkles Ice Cream in Dallas is pretty in pictures
- Kid-friendly restaurant called Village Kitchen opens in Dallas Thursday
- Photos: Multi-million dollar Highland Park palazzo has shower big enough to wash a Porsche
- Restaurant review: DISH serves an unusual steak made of cauliflower