Monday, August 26, 2013
Witness helped police arrest man accused of stealing drugs from Walgreens
Police say the man displayed a gun and demanded oxycodone and other drugs from the pharmacist.
FLOWER MOUND Flower Mound police took a Lewisville man into custody Sunday morning shortly after a pharmacy holdup.
Daniel Khan, 22, of Lewisville, was arrested at his home in Lewisville after police said he walked into the Walgreens at FM 2499 and FM 3040 in south Flower Mound around 7 a.m., displayed a gun and demanded oxycodone and other drugs from the pharmacist.
He allegedly fled the scene with three bottles from the pharmacy.
A witness observed Khan leaving and provided his license plate number to police.
Lewisville and Flower Mound officers located the vehicle at Khan's residence in the 2800 block of Vista View in Lewisville.
Khan was taken into custody without incident as he was leaving his house. He was charged with aggravated robbery.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- 1980s pop singer Tiffany, now a mom in her 40s, sings at Vista Ridge Mall
- Pop singer Tiffany will perform at Vista Ridge Mall's food court January 9
- Theater review: Despite deeply-flawed script, Blitzen! is watchable
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- "Freedom Writer" Darrius Garrett will sign memoir in Lewisville