Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
He was, for a hot minute, named chef at Mi Piaci.
DALLAS For a short time, Chef Joel Harloff was slated to be the executive chef at Mi Piaci's second location, now open at Preston Road and Northwest Highway. But with the closing of the original Mi Piaci, its chef, Elmer Pineda, moved to the new Mi Piaci instead.
Harloff will be tasked with managing the staff and the revenue, in addition to creating a lunch menu. Harloff previously worked as a chef at Ocho Kitchen + Cocktails, Dali Wine Bar and Cellar, The Green Room (each now defunct), and The Second Floor.
“I’m really excited to join the team at Battuto,” said Harloff in a press release. “Gene and Julie Gates have built a beautiful restaurant, and I’m looking forward to overseeing the restaurant’s fresh, regional approach to Italian cooking. It’s my job to ensure consistency and perfect execution in everything we do.”
Battuto is located at 18101 Preston Road.
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
- Bartender Eddie "Lucky" Campbell has landed at Abacus
- Concert review: Third annual Gorilla vs. Bear festival in Dallas hits hip-hop home run
- First look: Sprinkles Ice Cream in Dallas is pretty in pictures