Saturday, December 7, 2013
Scotch talk: 10 facts about Anchorman 2 to wet your whistle
You stay classy.
Nine years later, the legendary Ron Burgundy is at it again. The whole gang is back in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
I have compiled 10 interesting facts that should whet your appetite for the long-awaited sequel. In my research, it was actually very interesting to watch interviews and read dozens of articles explaining the layout of the film and the process of the actors coming back together again to just do a movie they could have fun with. Check out these tidbits I put together from sources across the web.
1. The rest of the cast was unaware that there was to be a second Anchorman movie until Will Ferrell announced it on Conan.
2. The first cut of Anchorman was about four-and-a-half hours long.
3. There are up to five versions of every scene in the film.
4. Originally, Anchorman 2 was imagined as a musical.
5. Prior to filming, several thousand dollars worth of filming and production equipment was stolen from the warehouse it was being stored in.
6. Jennifer Lawrence was offered a role, but had to decline due to scheduling issues.
7. Random actor cameos during NYC shooting include: Harrison Ford, Nicole Kidman, Kanye West, Tina Fey, Kirsten Dunst, Sacha Baron Cohen, Amy Poehler, Drake, and Meryl Streep.
8. Part of the movie is filmed in Atlanta, Ga., where the business district was partly transformed to look like vintage New York City by film crews.
9. Seth Rogen’s laugh was so loud during a test screening that it ruined the audio track.
10. Release date is set for December 18.
Much like the first film, this script tackles an actual social issue from a comedic standpoint. In the original Anchorman, Ron Burgundy and his news team battle their fear of women integrating into the male dominated workforce. This time they tackle the subject of race. As usual, they push beyond any normal boundaries surrounding such issues. The balance tends to come from the fact that Ron is portrayed as absolutely clueless, which allows the script to be funny instead of insulting.
I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Anchorman 2 was coming out. If you are like me, you sit there after a good comedy and just wish there was another adventure or more hijinks for the cast to stumble into. I have been that way about things like Pineapple Express or Hot Fuzz … but thankfully, the wait for a new Ron Burgundy adventure will soon be over.
Pegasus News Content partner - soso Active