Thursday, December 12, 2013
Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
His residency in Las Vegas picks up after that -- in late March.
Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. January 10 via Ticketmaster. Customers can only buy eight tickets or less.
John's been tickling the ivories for five decades and is touring with a long, long roster of old classics as well a short list of new tunes from his album, The Diving Board, released in September. The album was produced by T Bone Burnett, who was raised in Fort Worth.
Said John in a statement about the new disc, "The Diving Board is the album I’ve been waiting to make for decades.”
The Rocket Man has sold more than 250 million records, according to a press release, and holds the record for best-selling single, "Candle in the Wind," at 37 million copies. (You can bet he'll play that at his Dallas show.)
Top of my list? B-B-B-"Bennie and the Jets."
See more stories in:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger