Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Photos: See the ink from Elm Street Tattoo’s Friday the 13th special
The tattooing tradition lives on.
DEEP ELLUM Elm Street Tattoo's Friday the 13th tradition has become one of Deep Ellum's most beloved traditions. Every month the 13th falls on a Friday, the shop offers a discount on tattoos that incorporate "13" into the design. People line up and down the block to get inked — it's kind of a big deal.
The weekend of September 13, 2013, Elm Street threw an entire festival devoted to its 24-hour tattoo marathon, with bands across several venues in Deep Ellum. December's event wasn't as large, but it was still as good. Check out some of the ink below.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger