Monday, December 23, 2013
15 top stories on Pegasus News in 2013
Stories about eating and drinking were what you clicked on most.
DALLAS Break out your scrapbooks, folks, we had another memorable year at Pegasus News. As we look at the top 15 stories of 2013, we realize what's really important: Christmas lights, food, bars and cupcakes. Sounds about right.
Dallas readers did show plenty of compassion, however, on two stories relating to the late Dallas DJ Kidd Kraddick.
Also important were stories we broke about the demise of Frankie's sports bar, the opening of DFW's second Katy Trail Ice House, and the debut of Dallas' first tacky Christmas sweater store. What a year it's been.
The top spots:
1. The holidazzle: 15 places DFW residents can see Christmas lights
3. Where do I eat for cheap? More than 50 DFW kitchens offer Restaurant Week menus through September 1
4. No drinking? No fun! New Dallas St. Patrick's Parade will take focus off drinking
5. The year in trends: 39 things Dallasites love to love
6. Burgers are still hot: Angry Dog is officially the best burger in DFW
7. Remembering Kraddick: 12 bands Kidd Kraddick championed on mainstream radio
8. Sad about Frankie's: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed
9. Another Katy Trail? Second Katy Trail Ice House will open in Plano in late May
10. Cupcakesnomnom: 10 tastiest cupcakes in Dallas-Fort Worth
11. Lifestyles of the rich and famous: Tom Hicks' Preston Hollow home -- one of Dallas' most expensive -- is for sale
12. Serious analysis: So, are George W. Bush's paintings any good?
13. News you can use: New vintage shop in Dallas sells 10,000 tacky Christmas sweaters
14. What matters in non-local news, apparently: Forget about backlash over Beyonce's "Bow Down" -- it just isn't a good song
15. Where do I eat for cheap again? Full and frugal: 10 restaurants in Dallas that won't wreck your wallet