Monday, February 4, 2013
SMU student reports off-campus sexual assault
The female student says she fought back and the man left.
A female student reported an attempted sexual assault at her off campus residence by an unidentified male early Saturday morning to University Park police.
SMU released a crime alert Sunday afternoon detailing the attempted assault.
The student reported she met the male suspect at a bar in Uptown, and then shared a cab home with him. According to the crime alert, when they arrived at her home in the 3400 block of Daniel Avenue, he forced her into her apartment where he attempted to sexually assault her.
The female student fought back, which caused the suspect to leave.
The suspect has not been identified as an SMU student and is described as a 23-year-old Hispanic male, 5 feet 9 inches tall who weighs about 175 pounds.
This is the second crime alert of 2013. University Park police are investigating the attack.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Daily Campus
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun