Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Rockwall’s new ALDI grocery store opens February 14
This store is all about the savings.
ROCKWALL The new ALDI discount grocery store in Rockwall will open for business at 9 a.m. February 14 at 3085 Ridge Road, at the intersection of Summer Lee Drive.
The public is also invited to attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony and media open house beginning February 13 at 8:45 a.m. to tour the store, sample products, and register to win prizes.
With more than 1,200 stores in 32 states, ALDI sells more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery and household items under the ALDI brand for prices the grocer claims are up to 50 cents less than traditional supermarkets.
Over the past several years, ALDI has added 50-80 new stores annually across the U.S. An ALDI store opened 2-3 years ago in Rowlett at Lakeview Parkway and Rowlett Rd.
According to a news release from the grocery chain, to ensure its exclusive ALDI brands meet or exceed the national brands on taste and quality, the grocer conducts rigorous testing on all products and offers customers a “Double Guarantee”:
“If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the customer’s money.”
ALDI says they can offer lower prices because it eliminates overhead costs through several cost-saving practices, including:
- ALDI stores are only open during prime shopping times: from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday; and from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
- A cart rental system: shoppers insert a quarter to release a cart and receive the quarter back upon the cart’s return.
- Charging shoppers a small fee for shopping bags: shoppers are encouraged to bring their own.
- By not accepting checks: ALDI stores accept only cash, debit, and EBT cards for payment.
In addition, ALDI says the Rockwall store features high ceilings, natural lighting, and environmentally-friendly building materials such as recycled materials and energy-saving refrigeration and light bulbs to ensure customers find the store easy to navigate.
ALDI’s Denton Division Vice President Scott Huska says ALDI is pleased to bring its first store to Rockwall to get high-quality products at everyday low prices.
“We challenge shoppers to switch from national brands to our high-quality exclusive brands and save up to 50 percent without compromising. As important as price is, the only way to attract and keep shoppers is to have quality products.”
Pegasus News Content partner - TheRockwallNews.com
- Rockwall bazaar this weekend benefits neglected local children
- Fundraiser for fallen West, Texas firefighter's family slated for June 15 in Rockwall
- Voice contestant Amber Carrington will sing in Rockwall Thursday night
- Crews unfurled 40-foot flag atop a crane overlooking Rockwall Harbor for Memorial Day
- Female inmate in Rockwall jail hanged herself