Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Send your Valentine a surprise serenade by UNT tuba students
Plus, a rose and card.
DENTON With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, University of North Texas College of Music Students are taking to the road for tuba-euphonium serenades. For $40 plus mileage ($30 if you’re at UNT), a quartet will play two tunes for your Valentine, such as “You Belong with Me,” “My Girl,” and “Everything I Do.” The price also includes a chocolate rose and a card.
The North Texas Chapter of the International Tuba Euphonium Association has been raising funds for its activities this way for about 10 years.
The response from recipients?
“Blanket reaction – they are shocked,” says Patrick Nyren, a UNT doctoral student and member of the association, in the event release.
To place an order, email email@example.com.
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog