Friday, February 8, 2013
10 predictions for the 2013 Grammys
We can't wait for the Ed Sheeran/Elton John duet.
With the 2013 Grammy Awards airing Sunday night on CBS, we thought now would be the time to throw in our bids for who is going to win the golden Gramophones this year. Just don’t hold us to our answers.
1. Best New Artist goes to… Frank Ocean. He was easily the most talked-about artist this year between his coming out story and his chart-topping songs. If Frank Ocean doesn’t win, I will have lost faith in the music industry.
2. Best Pop Solo Performance goes to… Adele. Obviously. Look at all those awards. It’s pretty much a safe bet that if Adele is nominated for an award, she will win it.
3. Best Rap Performance goes to… Jay- Z and Kanye West for "N—as in Paris." I say this mainly because it’s the only nominated song that I’ve listened to extensively, but it’s a good one!
4. Best R&B Performance goes to… Miguel or Usher, because quite honestly, I don’t know. It’s a toss-up at this point. On one hand you have Usher, who’s a Grammy-winning legend, and Miguel, who had it not been for Frank Ocean would likely be the most talked-about artist. In short, I don’t really know who’s going to win this one.
5. Best Rap/Sung Collaboration goes to… Jay-Z and Kanye again! It probably helps that Frank Ocean is also featured on the song “No Church in the Wild.” Basically, I love this duo and they need to win every award.
6. Best Urban Contemporary Album goes to… Chris Brown! …Just kidding. Frank Ocean and Channel Orange will probably win this one too.
7. Best Traditional R&B Performance goes to… This one’s tough. On one hand, you have the amazingly talented Melanie Fiona. On the other, Beyonce. This category causes me too much stress.
8. Album of the Year goes to… Mumford and Sons’ Babel. I’d like to root Frank Ocean on in this category as well, but Mumford and Sons were huge this year and appealed to a much wider audience.
9. Record of the Year goes to… “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye ft. Kimbra. This song was a viral phenomenon, and everyone knows that viral hits have a secret pull in the voting process.
10. Song of the Year goes to… “We Are Young” by fun. Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” was catchy and I adore Ed Sheeran, but fun.’s anthem will definitely be taking home the Gramophone on Sunday night.
Bonus: Best Performance of the Night goes to… The Ed Sheeran and Elton John duet. Why? Well, 1. It’s Elton John. 2. It’s Ed Sheeran. 3. It’s Elton John and Ed Sheeran doing a duet. I mean, really, can it get much better than that? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Pegasus News Content partner - soso Active