Monday, February 11, 2013
Kelly Clarkson wins Grammy, photobombs Ellen Degeneres
She has a show coming up in North Texas on March 1.
Kelly Clarkson has been waiting seven years for her next Grammy win, and Sunday night, she broke her spell. Our local sweetheart won the Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album of the Year for her 2011 album Stronger. This is her third Grammy win since her first nomination in 2004, and her awkward and adorable acceptance speech suggests the award is just as sweet as the first one.
Although Clarkson is not currently on tour, she’ll be stopping by Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie on March 1 for a charity concert benefitting the Opportunity Education Foundation. Tickets are open to the public but can be pricey: $44-$155. The foundation focuses on making quality education accessible to children in developing nations. They provide learning materials, televisions, and teachers’ guides, as well introducing effective teaching methods and providing tools for assessment.
Tickets went on sale January 18. This is only one of three shows posted on her website through July, so if you’re dying to hear her hearty pipes or quirky jokes in that signature Southern drawl, get your seats soon.
Fort Worth singer/songwriter Tim Halperin (a former American Idol contestant) opens for Clarkson.
- Photos: In DFW show, Backstreet Boys take themselves way too seriously
- 11 ridiculous photos of the Backstreet Boys, just before their Dallas show
- So You Think You Can Dance tour waltzes through North Texas November 9
- Concert review: Monkees took crowds back to the glory days at Verizon
- Deck the halls with Donny & Marie this Christmas in North Texas