Friday, February 15, 2013
14-year-old arrested in attempted sale of parents’ gun
Police say she stole it from a family safe.
According to police officials, the suspect stole a firearm from a family safe and attempted to sale it to an unknown individual. The individual contacted the police and they went to the location near Horn High School and were able to recover the firearm. The suspect attempted to flee the scene before police apprehended her.
Horn High School delayed the release of students for approximately 15 minutes to allow the police to more efficiently search the area.
The suspect is being held on charges of theft of a firearm, unlawful possession of a firearm, evading arrest and detention, and marijuana possession.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Theater review: Mesquite troupe gives rough-around-the-edges performance of Steel Magnolias
- Tour historic Mesquite with four-legged friends at city's Bark in Park
- Mesquite Rodeo GM says infamous "Obama clown" could appear during closing weekend
- Mesquite police investigating 18-year-old who died in jail
- Mesquite tackles child hunger crisis with Lunch Buddies program