Sunday, February 17, 2013
Video: DFW does the “Harlem Shake” — and it drags on too long
Yes, we've reached an era where an extra 30 seconds makes a big difference.
DALLAS Funny "Harlem Shake" videos have overtaken the Internet in the past few days. Dallas finally got its time in the viral video spotlight when "DFW Harlem Shake" was released Saturday, February 16. Hundreds of people gathered in Klyde Warren Park in Dallas to film the video that morning.
The video shows a busy but calm park which erupts into a booty shaking party at the cue of the song. However, this "Harlem Shake" is 1 minute long instead of the usual 30 seconds -- and viewers will feel every bit of that added 30 seconds.
While it's a fabulous snapshot of one of Dallas' most popular parks, it's also proof that our attention span only lasts so long with the "Harlem Shake."
DFW Harlem Shake
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to