Monday, February 18, 2013
Former Hunt County constable still alive after shooting two people at The Harbor at Rockwall
Anthony Dewayne Lewis killed Jessica Aguilar and injured Francisco Delacruz.
ROCKWALL Rockwall Police and the Texas Department of Public Safety are now reporting that Anthony Dewayne Lewis, the former Hunt Co. Constable who allegedly gunned down and killed Jessica Aguilar of Rockwall at The Harbor Saturday night and seriously injured her companion, Francisco Delacruz, is still alive in critical condition at Parkland Hospital.
TheRockwallNews.com, WFAA-News8, Commerce, and radio station 88.9 KETR announced Saturday night that, according to law enforcement officers at the Rockwall and Greenville shooting scenes, Lewis had been killed in a shoot-out with law enforcement officers in Greenville.
According to Rockwall Police early Sunday afternoon, Lewis underwent surgery this morning for his wounds and is expected to survive.
He has been charged with murder and attempted murder and will be under guard at Parkland until he can be released and transferred to the Rockwall County Jail.
Pegasus News Content partner - TheRockwallNews.com
- Rockwall bazaar this weekend benefits neglected local children
- Fundraiser for fallen West, Texas firefighter's family slated for June 15 in Rockwall
- Voice contestant Amber Carrington will sing in Rockwall Thursday night
- Crews unfurled 40-foot flag atop a crane overlooking Rockwall Harbor for Memorial Day
- Female inmate in Rockwall jail hanged herself