Monday, February 18, 2013
Photos: Original Batmobile, sexy hot rods rev engines at Autorama in Dallas
We swear one of those "toothy" grills was smiling at us.
DALLAS Flathead Ford V-8s don’t attract many “likes” on Facebook. And hardly anyone ever tweets about flamed paint or ancient Fenton custom wheels.
Nonetheless, the old-school Dallas AutoRama cruised noisily along, offering a three-day celebration of hot rods, customs, muscle cars and trucks — most of them from the last century.
About 400 cars covered much of the floor at Dallas Market Hall this weekend for the 53rd annual O’Reilly Auto Parts AutoRama -- including the Batmobile.
Take a peek at some of the sexiest cars of the event:
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup