Monday, February 18, 2013
Photos: Original Batmobile, sexy hot rods rev engines at Autorama in Dallas
We swear one of those "toothy" grills was smiling at us.
DALLAS Flathead Ford V-8s don’t attract many “likes” on Facebook. And hardly anyone ever tweets about flamed paint or ancient Fenton custom wheels.
Nonetheless, the old-school Dallas AutoRama cruised noisily along, offering a three-day celebration of hot rods, customs, muscle cars and trucks — most of them from the last century.
About 400 cars covered much of the floor at Dallas Market Hall this weekend for the 53rd annual O’Reilly Auto Parts AutoRama -- including the Batmobile.
Take a peek at some of the sexiest cars of the event:
- Photos: Two hotrod chefs team up at FT33 for an intriguing nine-course dinner
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel