Monday, February 18, 2013
Photos: Original Batmobile, sexy hot rods rev engines at Autorama in Dallas
We swear one of those "toothy" grills was smiling at us.
DALLAS Flathead Ford V-8s don’t attract many “likes” on Facebook. And hardly anyone ever tweets about flamed paint or ancient Fenton custom wheels.
Nonetheless, the old-school Dallas AutoRama cruised noisily along, offering a three-day celebration of hot rods, customs, muscle cars and trucks — most of them from the last century.
About 400 cars covered much of the floor at Dallas Market Hall this weekend for the 53rd annual O’Reilly Auto Parts AutoRama -- including the Batmobile.
Take a peek at some of the sexiest cars of the event:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Travel expert Rick Steves makes trip to Dallas in December