Monday, February 18, 2013
Photos: Dragon Dance parade set Dallas Arts District ablaze on Friday
How did you celebrate the year of the snake?
DOWNTOWN DALLAS It's no "ancient Chinese secret" that Dallasites love a good parade. The Crow Collection of Asian Art set the Arts District ablaze on Friday, February 15, to usher in the Chinese New Year with bright and bold dragons, auspicious wishes, and red for luck. Members of the JK Wong Kung Fu and Tai Chi Academy performed, and spectators of all ages caught a glimpse of the celebration.
Check out our photos from the festivities.
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Sample 150 craft beers from local homebrewers at Oak Cliff's Brew Riot
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25