Monday, February 18, 2013
Photos: Dragon Dance parade set Dallas Arts District ablaze on Friday
How did you celebrate the year of the snake?
DOWNTOWN DALLAS It's no "ancient Chinese secret" that Dallasites love a good parade. The Crow Collection of Asian Art set the Arts District ablaze on Friday, February 15, to usher in the Chinese New Year with bright and bold dragons, auspicious wishes, and red for luck. Members of the JK Wong Kung Fu and Tai Chi Academy performed, and spectators of all ages caught a glimpse of the celebration.
Check out our photos from the festivities.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day