Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Friendship Park in Frisco closed for renovations until May 11
But, a grand re-opening celebration awaits.
FRISCO Frisco Commons' playground will be closed for renovations from February 19 to May 11, the city announced Monday.
The playground, known as Friendship Park, will be fenced to restrict access and promote safety during renovation of the 14-year-old wooden facility.
The rest of Frisco Commons will remain open to the public until April 1, when the entire park and its parking lot will be closed for approximately two weeks (April 1-15) while community volunteers help reconstruct Friendship Park and the future Hope Park.
Hope Park will feature structures designed to be inclusive of all children, including those with special needs. A grand opening celebration is scheduled for May 11.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Parked car causes early morning house fire in Frisco
- Photos: Fancy Sunday Night Football bus kicks off the season in Frisco
- FC Dallas partners with Plano Symphony Orchestra to bring family-friendly fun to Frisco
- Frisco High School adds auditorium and gym courts in $20 million renovation
- Theater review: Follow two unemployed musicians through a web of lies in Love, Sex, and the I.R.S.