Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Friendship Park in Frisco closed for renovations until May 11
But, a grand re-opening celebration awaits.
FRISCO Frisco Commons' playground will be closed for renovations from February 19 to May 11, the city announced Monday.
The playground, known as Friendship Park, will be fenced to restrict access and promote safety during renovation of the 14-year-old wooden facility.
The rest of Frisco Commons will remain open to the public until April 1, when the entire park and its parking lot will be closed for approximately two weeks (April 1-15) while community volunteers help reconstruct Friendship Park and the future Hope Park.
Hope Park will feature structures designed to be inclusive of all children, including those with special needs. A grand opening celebration is scheduled for May 11.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- UPDATED: Jimmy Buffett sails back to Frisco for June 21 concert
- Theater review: Take a lesson in morality from The Foreigner in Frisco
- UPDATED: 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House in Frisco reopened Monday
- Former Dallas Cowboys player Gerald Sensabaugh's Frisco home is for sale
- Parked car causes early morning house fire in Frisco