Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Taco Bueno opens inside American Airlines Center — a first for the brand
The AAC just got a lot more bueno.
DALLAS Basketball, hockey and music fans will have a new dining option come February 20 when Taco Bueno opens two locations inside Dallas' American Airlines Center.
The fast food taco chain, which is already a sponsor of the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars, will be located near the East and West entrances of the venue on the Plaza Level. Chief Marketing Officer of the restaurant chain Kim Hennig said the stands will feature all classic and signature Taco Bueno items; they won't be selling platters and combos.
This is the first time in franchise history Taco Bueno has entered a sports arena. While there are no future plans to expand to more venues of this kind, Hennig said she is “optimistic” about the possibility should this venture succeed.
Plans for the Taco Bueno stands have been in the works for several months, but construction took just two days, Hennig said. The two new locations are the first to open in 2013, bringing the total number of Taco Buenos to 176.
“We’re excited about it,” said Hennig. “This is our hometown and we feel very much a part of the fabric of Dallas.”
Wednesday -- the first day the two new Bueno stands will be open -- the Mavs face off against the Orlando Magic at 7:30 p.m.
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas