Sunday, February 24, 2013
Treat yourself: White Chocolate Rum Tile from Bolsa
It goes perfectly with coffee.
I am a huge people watcher. One of my favorite places to people watch is the bar at Bolsa during the lunch rush. The place is tiny and tables are so close, you should make sure you pop a breath mint after you’re done with lunch. With that said, I can sit at the bar and
eavesdrop pass the time looking at some of the city's pretty people. I prefer to pass my time at the bar with dessert and coffee. While the menu at Bolsa changes quite frequently, the White Chocolate Rum Tile is always there.
It has a crunchy crust of Nilla Wafers and is topped with bruleed bananas and a toffee sauce. The cake has a consistency of cheesecake meets crème brulee -- heavy cream, butter, and white chocolate are major power players in this dessert. It may sound heavy, but add a cup of coffee and you’ve got yourself a nice mid-day snack.
I often wonder when I am out mid-day during the work week if all of these people I see out and about have jobs. They enjoy themselves a leisurely lunch without a care in the world. Sadly, pastry consumption is not my only occupation. Packing on the pounds does not pay the bills. However, if you’re one of the lucky ones and find yourself in Bishop Arts with a sweet tooth and no real place to be, get yourself to Bolsa.
Pegasus News Content partner - Confection Confessions
See more stories in:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Photos: See 10 high-dollar cars sold at Dallas auction, like $3.2 mil Corvette