Monday, February 25, 2013
Balloon artist blows up Guinness world record in Dallas
He made more than 6,200 balloons on Saturday. He's got some lungs.
FAIR PARK Ron Shover of Saginaw set out on a mission Saturday: To break the Guinness World Record for most balloon shapes sculpted in 24 hours.
Although the record hasn’t been verified by the good folks at Guinness yet, it appears that Shover did just that, creating 6,231 balloon shapes on Saturday at the DFW Family Expo in Fair Park. The previous record of 6,176 was set in 2004.
According to a press release, all donations made during his attempt were to be donated to Christ’s Haven for Children in Keller, a facility that provides long-term care for disadvantaged children.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day