Wednesday, February 27, 2013 , Updated 12:00 a.m., March 8, 2013
UPDATED: Cane Rosso’s Jay Jerrier to open New York-style pizzeria
Oak Cliff gets it.
You read that headline correctly: Jay Jerrier, the man behind local Naples-style pizzeria Cane Rosso — one of only four certified “true” Neapolitan pizza restaurants in Texas — is apparently getting into the New York pizza game.
Tim Rogers reported Tuesday on SideDish that Jerrier and New Yorker Lee Hunzinger are planning to open Zoli’s New York Pizza Tavern, most likely in Oak Cliff. Rogers reports that a lease has been agreed upon, but isn’t signed.
Why New York style? Jerrier told Rogers “A lot of people hate Cane Rosso. The crust isn’t crispy. There’s no chicken. I get that. … New York style is, like, forbidden fruit to me.”
To me, the most amusing tidbit is that Zoli’s will not only have chicken, but it also will have ranch dressing. Anyone who’s been to Cane Rosso knows what a departure that is. Grainy but funny evidence here:
See more stories in:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July