Wednesday, February 27, 2013 , Updated 10:08 a.m., March 13, 2013
UPDATED: Starbucks’ Mobile Cafe rolls out free samples in Dallas
Talk a walk on the mild side.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Starbucks made its millions by marketing coffee to people who don't like coffee, and the controversial chain recently redoubled those efforts with its new Blonde Roast and Vanilla Blonde varieties, geared toward customers who can't hang with the company's bolder flavors. In an effort to introduce its metaphoric new 'do, Starbucks announced that a new Mobile Cafe will roll out in Dallas from February 27 through March 19, donating free 6 oz. samples of its mild and smooth flaxen flavors.
If the new tastes sound right up your alley -- or if you're just down for a pro bono buzz -- you can locate the Mobile Cafe at the following hot-spots:
In Downtown Dallas from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on various dates:
- March 4,
12, 14: 650 N St. Paul St. [Note: The March 12 and 14 dates have been canceled.]
- March 5: 1900 San Jacinto St.
- March 1, 6, 19: 1100 Patterson St.
- March 13 and 15:
1900 San Jacinto St1100 Patterson St. [Note: The March 13 and 15 giveaways have moved to Patterson Street.]
Or, get a buzz at the Dallas St. Patrick’s Parade and Festival by stopping at the cart from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 16.
- Theater review: Local playwright's Secrets of My Prison House astounds with absurdity
- Theater review: All the Rage in Irving is almost all the rage
- Theater review: MainStage Irving puts on a reverberating Bells are Ringing
- Theater review: Bold, young stars sparkle in ICT Mainstage's Last Night of Ballyhoo
- Video: Insider tips for partying at the Byron Nelson Pavilion