Wednesday, January 2, 2013
10 musicians who should refrain from acting in movies
Even if it is a movie about 50 Cent's life, he shouldn't play the lead.
Justin Timberlake. Beyonce Knowles. Mark Wahlberg. Some musicians are cut out for both the music and entertainment industry. Others don’t have quite what it takes to succeed in the film industry. Here are those talented musicians that we’d prefer to never see on the big screen ever again.
1. 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin' is an action-packed, non-stop tale of 50 Cent’s own journey from the crime infested streets into a music career. 50 Cent is a rap genius. He’s been certified eight times platinum and has sold a flat-out ridiculous amount of albums. However, acting should not be his next career goal. In one scene, we see a single tear fall down his character’s face. But that’s about the extent of the emotional range we get from him. 50 Cent should stick to what he knows best.
2. Lance Bass - You’ve probably never heard of the film On the Line, and that’s with good reason. It’s been described as “like Serendipity for people who can’t vote yet.” Former ‘N Sync member Lance Bass should leave the movies to Justin.
3. Britney Spears - Britney had potential. She had acting experience as a Mouseketeer, but somewhere it went horribly wrong. The film Crossroads is nothing more than an excuse to advertise and promote Spears’ singing career and showcase her body at every given opportunity. Whether this is a result of the terrible acting or horrendous directing, I’m not sure.
4. Madonna - Madonna has been in some decent movies. Unfortunately, when Madonna is at her worst, it truly is horrible. She has a lot to choose from in this list of vain, embarrassing projects gone wrong: Shanghai Surprise, Swept Away, Body of Evidence. No amount of good acting can ever erase these monstrosities.
5. Vanilla Ice - Vanilla Ice is the ultimate one-hit wonder. After a chart topping hit single, he just vanished. Sometime during his absence from the music scene, Cool As Ice appeared, marking Vanilla Ice’s success as a one-hit actor. Ice’s performance is strange and monosyllabic. But if you’re going to go out, why not go out with a bang?
6. Rihanna - I’m not sure if Rihanna’s unsuccessful film debut in Battleship can be attributed to her, the casting director, or the screenwriter. Her entire performance centers around one-liners (which you can read here). Wheter it was her fault or not, I don’t think I’m ready to see Rihanna on the screen again.
7. Mick Jagger - Mick Jagger should have learned his lesson when he starred in the failure of a film, Ned Kelly. But alas, he decided to continue his on-screen career. His worst possible performance being in Freejack. Even though he attempts to be intimidating as he carries his gun around, he looks as if he’s at a lengthy concert, prancing and sneering.
8. Ice T - I’ve seen enough of Ice T’s “acting” in Law and Order: SVU to know that I didn’t want to see him on the big screen. Someone else didn’t feel the same way, apparently. Though his newest film, Santorini Blue, has yet to be released, I’m not looking forward to it.
9. Justin Bieber - Justin Bieber’s only film debut has been his personal film Never Say Never. However, his performance on CSI should ensure that it is kept that way.
10. Jessica Simpson - The 2005 Dukes of Hazzard remake was a terrible idea in general. And Jessica Simpson’s casting as Daisy Duke? Even worse. There’s a reason her acting career didn’t flourish.
Pegasus News Content partner - soso Active