Thursday, January 3, 2013
That’s what’s up: Super Marion Bros. is Mavs’ funniest video yet
Best part: Marion shouts "that's what's up" during the game.
Super Marion Bros. - Shawn Marion Dallas Mavericks
DALLAS Oh, how I wish this game was real. The Dallas Mavericks published an amazing YouTube video today, Super Marion Bros., a Super Mario mash-up starring Shawn Marion in 8-bit glory, complete with his “That’s What’s Up” catchphrase.
The accompanying text is just as clever as the video:
You ever have one of those days when a turtle with spikes on his back steals your NBA Championship trophy, then spits fire at you and runs away, only to give you the chance to kill him by dunking a basketball on his head…neither do I….but evidently it’s the kind of thing that happens to Shawn Marion all the time!
If you’ve never browsed the Mavs’ YouTube channel to see the videos they’re making to entertain fans, it’s worth it. There’s some great stuff there, like Dirk Nowitzki getting the Honey Badger treatment and doing a dramatic reading of Britney Spears’ “Oops! I Did It Again.”
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million